IHPME GSU Home
The IHPME-Graduate Students’ Union is one of the course unions funded by the main Graduate Students’ Union at the University of Toronto. The IHPME-GSU represents all students in the graduate program of the Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation (IHPME), in both the research and professional streams. It undertakes actions in the students’ common interest. Responsibilities include:
- the planning of educational events (such as the annual IHPME Student Research Conference),
- social events (such as the Fall and Winter Socials),
- orientation sessions for new students,
- liaison with the University of Toronto Graduate Students’ Union on school-wide graduate student policies and administration of the graduate students’ health plan,
- and attending institute meetings to provide the student perspective.
In addition to its advocacy role for students, the IHPME-GSU considers networking and innovation, the provision of educational resources, and career development support to be important elements of its mandate. The IHPME-GSU is headed by a democratically elected executive, whose roles can be found on the elections page (see menu to the left).
We are a high-energy, motivated group!